Stress management for life: how to reduce & manage stress
Learn how to reduce & manage stress in your life, including over 75 practical stress management tips & strategies
This course aims to give you an insight into stress, its impact, symptoms and causes, as well as to give you practical steps to follow to reduce your current stress. The course will also give you a wealth of stress management tips and strategies to help you to tackle the root causes of your stress and to help you to manage stress more effectively going forward.
As you go through the course you will be able to apply the learning and develop your own personalised stress plan.
The course is designed to be practical and relevant to real life. It includes a straightforward process that you can follow to reduce your current stress and lots of ideas, tips and strategies as to how to reduce and manage stress. The course takes a holistic view of stress management with stress management strategies for all areas of your life. It is not a theoretical or academic course on stress.
Who is this course designed for?
This course is designed for you if you are:
* Currently finding it difficult to cope with high levels of stress in your life. Whether you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed, you are going through a very stressful and challenging period or your stress has been building up over time, this course is for you.
* Wanting to learn more about stress management, how to manage stress positively in your life and wanting to learn practical stress management tips and strategies that you can easily build into your life.
Please note if you are a business owner, director or manager who is stressed at work or in your business then I would recommend that you take my other course ‘Stress management for business owners, directors & managers’ rather than this one as it will be more relevant to you.
There is an overlap of content between the two courses so please choose one or the other, not both.
What are the course aims?
The course aims to provide you with:
* An insight into stress, its impact, symptoms and causes.
* A 6 step stress management process that you can follow to reduce and manage stress.
* A wealth of practical stress management tips and strategies to help you to tackle the root causes of your stress and to help you to manage stress more effectively going forward.
* Your own personalised stress plan, that you will develop during the course.
What is included in the course?
The course has the following sections:
* Introduction - including an introduction to the course and the tutor
* What is stress? - including what is stress and can stress be good for you?
* How to reduce & manage stress - including a stress management process that you can easily follow to reduce your stress, including looking at the symptoms and causes of stress, taking action to reduce stress and taking interim steps to relieve the symptoms.
* Stress management tips and strategies - including a wide range of practical tips and strategies (over 75 in total) to help you to tackle the root cause of your stress and to help you manage stress going forward.
* Your stress plan - throughout the course you will have the chance to develop your own stress plan, including looking at your own stress including how it is manifesting and its impact on you, understanding the causes of your stress, how to manage your stress and stress management tips and strategies that you can use to reduce and manage your stress.
We have also included introductions and summaries throughout the course to help with learning.
The course is in short bite sized lectures and you can see the detailed course content in the course curriculum.
Developing your own personalised stress plan
There are worksheets to complete as you go through the course to develop your own personalised stress plan. These include identifying the symptoms and the causes of your stress, as well as actions to take to reduce your current stress and strategies to follow to manage stress positively going forward.
You will need to allow additional time in addition to the duration of the videos to complete the worksheets.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course you will have a better understanding of stress, understand the root causes of your stress, have an action plan for reducing your stress levels and have stress management strategies in place to support you to manage stress positively going forward
Even if you are not stressed at the moment you will have the opportunity to review how stress is impacting your life and to decide on actions to take to support you in managing stress positively going forward.
Important notes & more about the course
If you are already very knowledgeable about stress and stress management, this course may not be for you. It includes an insight into stress (including what is stress and whether stress can be good for you), its impact, symptoms and causes, a stress management process to reduce stress, practical stress management tips and strategies and an opportunity to develop your own stress plan, some or all of which you may already know a lot about.
By signing up for this course you gain lifetime access so you can watch the lectures at your convenience on your computer, tablet or smart phone.
You can choose to complete the whole course or just watch the lectures that are most relevant to you, whichever you prefer. You can watch each lecture in full or just the elements you want to watch and you can stop a lecture at any point if you want to study the content in more detail.
You can watch the lectures at the pre assigned speed or you can choose to speed up or slow down the lectures to suit your own preference.
There are English text captions available on this course which you can choose to see or turn off.
These options can all be found at the bottom of each video.
Ratings, reviews & feedback
You may be asked to leave a star rating and review for the course, as you are watching the lectures or at the end of the course, to be displayed publicly on the course page. It is entirely up to you whether you choose to leave a star rating or review, there is no obligation.
I would also appreciate you messaging me with any feedback you have on the course.
Good luck with the course and I hope you find it invaluable.