For years I've been teaching Music Production in the college classroom. These classes I'm making for Udemy use the same syllabus I've used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost. I believe anyone can learn Music Production - and cost shouldn't be a barrier.
Recently I was named as a semi-finalist for the Grammy Foundation's Music Educator of the Year award because of my in-person university classes. Now I'm taking those classes to Udemy in an online format in order to reach more students.
In this class we will focus on the newest Logic Pro X software. Some people like to think of this as "Garage Band Pro", and it many ways it is. But there is a lot more to it than that. Logic Pro X is a full-featured program, but it isn't without it's limitations. I'll walk you though what those are, some ways you can deal with them, and how to use the program to produce and/or record your music.
In this class, we will cover:
- Differences between Logic Pro X versions
- Purchasing Logic Pro X - The Cheap way!
- Installing and Setting up Logic Pro X
- Creating a Project
- The Arrange Area
- The Editing Area
- The Transport Bar
- The Inspector Area
- Media and Event Lists
- The Mixer
- Using Apple Loops
- Beat Sync with Apple Loops
- Adding a Bass Line
- Adding Synth Tracks
- Preparing for Mixing
- Audio Effects
- Built-in EQ
- Audio Recording Settup
- Recording Instruments
- MIDI Recording Setup
- Recording MIDI Tracks
- SoundCloud and uploading elsewhere
- ...and much, much more!
And of course, once you sign up for Logic Pro X you automatically get huge discounts to all the upcoming parts of this class, and all my other classes.
You will not have another opportunity to learn Logic Pro X in a more comprehensive way than this.
Dr. Jason Allen is an Ableton Certified Trainer, and a PhD in Music Composition and master of Electronic Sounds. His music has been heard internationally in film, radio, video games, and industrial sound, as well as the concert hall and theater. His 2015 album, Aniscorcia, reaching the CMJ Top200 Charts and radio broadcasts nationwide. In 2014 he was named a semi-finalist for the Grammy Music Educator Award.
He currently as an adjunct professor of composition at the University of St. Thomas, and the CEO of Slam Academy in Minneapolis.
Praise for classes by Dr. Jason Allen:
- "Without a doubt the best explanation and east of use that one can get. It leaves you enough room to go explore. The classes go by quick, so you can be on your way at being proficient. What are you wait for!"
- "Amazing - Seriously Loved It! I took all his courses and have to say I'm so happy! Learnt loads! Jason is an awesome teacher!"
- "I have never had any formal training in music at all. Trying to learn all the notes and how everything translated was a serious challenge. After going through this class, Dr. J has totally brought down the barriers. The content was very useful and was easy to grasp for me."
- "I like these courses because you can get up and running quickly without having to spend hours of time wading through TMI (too much information!). Jason hits the high points but shows you what you need to know. Thanks!"
- "I've watched many other videos on scales and chords before, however, this one has been the best. I now understand minor scales and chords and even how to analyze songs. It really gave me the confidence to start producing music because I feel like I have some structure and guidelines to follow. AWESOME!"
- "Clear and Informative - Jason has a clear uncluttered style (with the important dashes of humor) of presentation that is focused on the important key aspects of this course. Recommended for those starting out!"
- "Dr. Allen does it again with his music theory series. This course really opened up everything I learned from the 1st section, and now I understand more about the composition side of things for music. I highly highly recommend this course to anyone!!! Really opened my eyes to many things I wasn't aware of."
- "The Best Teacher Ever, who makes you understand the ins & outs of Music Theory by all means without giving what you don't want to know."